Saturday, July 21, 2007

Stitching and Camping

We are back from a 1 week camping trip to Algonquin Park. It was a perfect holiday...great weather, no unexpected problems, lots of family activities and wonderful relaxation. We saw lots of wildlife including this deer who was munching grass at the side of the road. My children claim to have seen a moose while hiking, but I missed out on that.
We had a perfect camping site on the edge of a small lake where we could enjoy canoeing and swimming. It was so quiet and peaceful- we felt like the only people on the planet! On the right is a photo of my children taking the canoe out for an evening paddle around the lake.
I spent a lot of time last week preparing a hand embroidery project to take along. I will write more about the project later this week, but I just have to show you a couple of photos that my husband took of me. I had pieced two blocks but didn't have time before leaving home to trace the embroidery pattern onto the fabric. So early in the morning, I pinned the pattern to the back of the block and held it up to the car window while the sunlight was still low enough to shine through, so that I could trace the stitching lines. I could only trace one or two parts each morning before my arms were exhausted! I worked on the stitching a little bit each day when I had a chance.
Here is a photo that my husband took of Miss Molly and me at sunset - I am stitching and keeping an eye on the children, who were out in the canoe.

Is this not the picture of complete relaxation?!?!

2 comments:

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

Kathy--so glad you are back safe and sound--AND YOU HAD SUCH A GRAND TIME! Love the picture. Oh--sweet bliss. M

Andrea said...

It looks idyllic ! Glad you were able to squeeze in a little stitching - where there's a will there's a way !!