Monday, July 07, 2008

OC top together - working on the border

I finally overcame my procrastination on the weekend and finished sewing my OC blocks together. It is bigger than my design board, so I taped it to the wall for the photo. I don't want it to be much bigger but I do want to use all these split 4 patch blocks we made. So I have been working on ideas for a border that will use up these blocks and won't require purchasing more fabrics since I am almost out of most of the fabrics in this quilt. I used up a lot of stash in this baby - approx. 6.5 yards!
Here is one of the border possibilities - a black inner border made of leftover black scraps and using the
split 4 patch blocks in the corners. I don't know if I have enough black fabric left to do this, so I will work out the numbers and see if it will work. Otherwise I'll use green since I still have some of that left....and I know I have enough of the red fabric for the binding. I have enjoyed surfing the Mystery Quilters blog ring to see the other finished quilts.



8 comments:

Gina said...

I like your border idea.

Love and hugs Gina xx

Fiber Babble said...

WOW! The border idea is stunning - great idea! (do you have any orange or blue left over?)

Deb Robertson Writes said...

It has come together great. Well done! Are you happy with it??

Candace said...

Great Job! I finally got my border started on my OC, I have 2 1/2 out of 4 done. I like your border idea.

Julie said...

I hope you do have enough black b/c that looks stunning!

Nicole & Phil said...

This border is going to look stunning! I really like howyou are continuing the pattern!!

Marion said...

Hello,

I like your version of the Orange Crush Mystery very much. The colors you have chosen are wonderful.

Mine is more scappy.

Greetings from Germany,

Marion

julieQ said...

You Orange crush is lovely...