Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Treats

I forgot to say what I bought on my Michigan trip. I didn't have much time to shop, but I did get to Jeanne's store The Quilted Cottage and picked up a couple of little things. I am trying to save my money for Paducah, so I am on a restricted quilt budget these days. But I did pick up a few little treats...some red and white for a Valentine's mini quilt and the cutest little roll of 1 1/2" strips of moda prints from a line called "Oh Cherry Oh". It is called a Honey Bun and I haven't seen these in Canadian stores. I'm sure I won't use it, just enjoy looking at it! I also bought some knitted socks and fingerless mittens, which I will be wearing at quilt retreat next week.
And speaking of quilt retreat....anybody want to come?? We have an opening and you would definately have a great time! You can read about last year's retreat (where I detail the hazards of retreat) here...it's only fair to warn people about what happens when you have too much fun! If you want to come, it is Monday Feb. 23 at 10 am to Thursday Feb. 27 at 2 pm. in the Guelph area of Ontario, Canada. Email me if you're interested.

2 comments:

Libby said...

Fun purchases. I've not seen a 'honey bun' but I do love working with 1 1/2" strips. I'll have to keep my eyes open *s*

Jean said...

I would love to come to the retreat, wish it was closer.