Monday, October 12, 2009

Design Wall Monday


It's Monday again! It's a holiday here in Canada for our Thanksgiving, so the whole family is home today and we are soon headed over to my sister's for another turkey dinner!
It's a dreary fall day and we needed to walk off some of that turkey we ate yesterday to make room for today's turkey dinner, so we went to the apple farm to pick a few bushels of apples. I'll be looking for some free time this week to try making some of Judy's apple jam - click here to read about it.
And what is on my design wall? I have finished hour #9 of Judy's Quilt for an Hour project that I don't have time to start! Here are my 34 blocks for border #4 on the design wall. I think they look great and am now thinking about a whole quilt made of these kind of blocks but in brighter colours for a children's bed quilt. I'm thinking it would be a great pattern for using up scraps.
Check out what other quilt bloggers have on their design wall - click here.

7 comments:

swooze said...

I am just amazed at how this quilt that you don't have time to start is coming along! Please tell me your secret. I am going to be cutting mine out soon.

Libby said...

Oh I am just in love with your design wall project!

Sue H said...

Great idea for the Freeze Frame blocks -- they would be fun on their own! It will be fun to see yours come together.

J C said...

Just stopping by to say hello. ~~~

Jeanne said...

Great fabrics for your latest quilt project (that you weren't going to start) VBG. It's difficult to resist such temptation.

Millie said...

Wow that quilt in an hour blocks look so nice. I like the fabrics you used. Happy quilting!

charlie said...

I just love the browns and creams you used in your blocks. I think it looks great just the way it is. Makes me want to try one.