Monday, November 23, 2009

Red & Aqua blocks on the design wall


I am having fun playing with my blocks from Jane's red and aqua disappearing 9 patch block swap. Here are some layout possibilities. This is one of my favorite parts of quilting and I prolong the "playing with the blocks" stage until I am convinced that the layout I have is my favorite, or until I get tired of it!
Any suggestions?!?
Brighten up your Monday morning in November with some quilting inspiration... visit Judy's blog to see the design walls of other quilters.

9 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

The top right layout is my favorite. But I love how fun the choosing the layout is. Put it on the wall and walk away, come back, rearrange, walk away. It could go on forever. I can't wait to see which you decide to use.
I have to pick my mystery quilt fabrics also. I guess I should do that today. ;-)

Dianne B. said...

I love this quilt pattern. And it looks really fantastic with those colours. Oooooh I see another quilt going onto my wish list of things to make someday. :)

Vicki W said...

I love the red and aqua together!

Krista said...

Love the colours. I like the middle pattern - but you'd have to clean up the bottom couple of rows :)
But then again, I'm an engineer and I'm drawn towards regular patterns.

Erika said...

Nice layouts. The top right one is my favorite.

Gina said...

I really need to do a disapearing nine patch. I like the third one on the wall

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Sweet P said...

I love all of the aqua and blue blocks I've seen around the blogs. I hope you have fun playing with them.

Pam in KC said...

You and Mary must have been on the same wave length.

julieQ said...

What a gorgeous color combo! I love this block, so pretty.