Monday, December 07, 2009

Design Wall Monday

This is what is on my design wall today.

Where did this come from you ask?!? I can hear you thinking...I didn't see her working on those blocks!
It was unearthed from my extensive UFO pile! I needed a quick gift for a client of the treatment centre where I work. She is in dire need of help and support in a crisis and our team decided to put together a gift basket for her. Of course I thought "I could finish up a quilt for her"...but then I think I said it out loud! SO now I have to do it!
This was a mystery quilt from Quiltaholics website from 2005! Yes...almost 5 years ago! I looked back to the Yahoo group site to see how the quilt is supposed to be finished since I have long since lost the directions. Of course there are several more borders to add. I won't be doing that. I'll maybe add the black/white/black border which is the same as the sashing and see what fabric I have for binding etc.
BTW...Deb at Quiltaholics has not been doing mystery projects for a while but her last one from 2008, which was an elephant (click here to see mine) is still posted under "projects" if you are interested in a fun design for a kids quilt.
And another BTW...did you happen to notice that some of the Black and White fabrics in this old quilt are STILL being used up in the Carolina Christmas mystery that I am trying to keep up with!?!? How bizarre is that?!?!
What's on your design wall today? Hop over to Judy's blog, grab a cup of tea and see what other quilters are making today.

12 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

How lucky you are to have a UFO pile with something fabulous to help someone in need! I knew there was a good reason to have that pile. It's a very cheery design and I'm sure she will love it.

Unknown said...

Good Luck with getting that project finished! I'm sure she will treasure it!

Mary said...

I did that Mystery too. Mine is needing the borders as well. Good thing Quilting finishing is not a race.

bettinag1 said...

great color combination and to find it in your stash of ufos from 5 years ago that is an accomplishment in itself if your stash is over flowing like mine heheh

Jeanne said...

That's why we have piles of UFOs, so you can pull a top out when you need one. :-)

Karen said...

I think it is a good idea to keep a quilt top or two around for an quick finish as a gift. Well, it isn't always a quick finish but half the work is done anyhow.

Myra said...

Love it! Great colors, and awesome looking layout!

Gina said...

What a great quit to have just lying around

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Margeeth said...

LOL, UFO-excavations!
I once read in a group that UFO's are just instant gifts waiting to be finished, in this case this is true.

julieQ said...

What a nice thing for you to do! I think it is neat that you are using up your stash, I have several fabrics showing up in the Carolina Christmas quilt that I forgot I owned!

Mary Johnson said...

I like this one and the squares - sometimes quilting just needs to be quick doesn't it? I like quilts that have more elaborate quilting but I like finished quilts even better!

Turtlemoonimpressions said...

This quilt is beautiful! I love the small black and whites with the spunky warm palette!