Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Starting a new quilt today

Don't you just love starting new quilting projects?!? There is so much anticipation and excitement and possibility...it's a wonderful "high" for a quilter!
I am excited to cut into this collection that I bought on this shopping trip to Calico Gals last December.
And I am making the user friendly "Stashbuster" quilt (click here for the tutorial) to teach at the senior's centre in the fall.  Some of the ladies requested a project that would be a little easier for beginner quilters, and Emma and Lisa at Buttonberry generously agreed to let me teach their pattern.
So today I'm whipping it up!

Here are some of the pieces cut out...it's easy peasy cutting and I cut 4 Fat Quarters at a time!




And here are all the pieces cut out and organized for strip sewing, with my leaders/enders project pieces waiting to be put through as needed.
Here's a little advertisement, even though I try to be an "ad free" blog :)
It's not for any financial gain for myself, but helping the community.  You could help us furnish a room at the soon to be built women's shelter... click here everyday and vote for this wonderful community project. A "certain beverage company" is giving away $25,000 to the 2 charities getting the most votes and this project is near and dear to my heart....the new shelter will mean that I have a safe place to send the abused women I see every day at work. There are 43 days left to vote, and over 200 very worthy charity projects competing for the money. Thanks!

5 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh a leader/ender project that looks oh so yummy!

Amy said...

Can't wait to see how these pieces come together in blocks :0)

scraphappy said...

Oh, so much fun to start something new. It is the best reward for finishing something old.

scraphappy said...

Oh, so much fun to start something new. It is the best reward for finishing something old.

Helen in the UK said...

Looks like a fun new quilt project and I voted for the charity thing too :)