Sunday, June 26, 2011

Late Scrappy Saturday

Since I was traveling yesterday, I forgot to post my Rainbow Scrap Challenge update. The colour for June is yellow and I am sad that it is already the end of June, and I haven't accomplished as much as I had hoped. As soon as I am finished this blog post, I'm going to hop over to see what the other quilters are making with their yellow scraps - click here if you want to see too.
I organized all my yellow scraps, cut them into strips and sewed the strips together. Then I started cutting them into the triangle wedges, but got interrupted by my trip to Vermont.
In the comments on my last scrap challenge post, Debbie came the closest to guessing what I am making...she guessed a bee hive!
This week I must get back to my tiny yellow triangles and see if I can make them into a yellow honeycomb quilt.

3 comments:

scraphappy said...

Love the Bee fabric for a hive quilt - too cute.

Deb A said...

Great use of the yellow fabrics! Glad you had a great time at the festival... yup, lots of french speaking but I guess I am used to it. We have a lot of Canadian visitors down from Quebec and Ontario through the year and hear the french from Quebec in stores and restaurants. I wish I spoke and understand it better, as it was my Dad's first language.

Ellen said...

The bee fabric is such a cute idea to add to your beehive/honeycomb quilt.