Saturday, December 17, 2011

FNSI Report

It turned out to be a great FNSI! I ended up with two guests to entertain me while I sewed...and they even sewed a bit too! These are some of the projects that were worked on by my talented visitors!



I worked on some Christmas gifts - sewed a few little fabric bags (for hand warmers)  using some of the grinch fabric.



I made a prototype Maxine potholder, and hated how the binding turned out (by machine). It might be less offensive with black thread, but I just prefer the look of hand binding, so I'll probably make the rest by hand.
I also cut up my Grinch panel and started to border the blocks. I am getting lots of ideas for the layout of this quilt and look forward to more time to work on my Grinch quilt over the holidays.


I had been saving this bottle of strawberry rhubarb wine (which I bought in Vermont back in June) for a special occasion. And spending time with friends who love you is as special an occasion as a person can have! We enjoyed the wine, the conversation, and the sewing... but there was less and less sewing as the evening wore on!
The next Friday Night Sew-In will likely be January 20, 2012, so mark your calendars and come on over to sew!

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I love the Maxine saying...sometimes I want to press that escape button too! I prefer to hand stitch my binding as well - it might take a bit more time but I think it is worth it.

Janet O. said...

Why don't my friends do things like this with me? Maybe because my friends aren't quilters. : (
Sounds like a good time--love the projects.

Jacqui's Quilts said...

So glad I read your post! I was just about to sew bindings on a bunch of mug rugs I did and was tempted to do them by machine, but hoped I wouldn't be sorry! It really is so nice to do binding by hand eh? I will do them by hand :-). I used a Maxine panel for one of those mug rugs for my friend's 50th birthday. They are a hoot!

Jacqui

Terri said...

Strawberry Rhubarb? Yummy! I love the Maxine pot holder! That's perfect.
Hugs!

Unknown said...

You did a lot of sewing. I liked the hand warmers, I'll have to do some of that one of this days because my hands are allways cold...
Merry Christmas!
Manuela