Friday, December 09, 2011

Friday Night Sew-In

It's Friday Night Sew-In again! This is my second time to participate in this event and I have been looking forward it all week!
Handmade by HeidiAs I hopped through the blogs following my first  Friday Night Sew-In, I found many bloggers writing that they were disappointed with their accomplishments. Several times I was compelled to leave comments saying "every stitch counts" - and it does. 
Why is it that we set aside a lovely evening of sewing and at the end, feel disappointment, instead of thankfulness and pride?!? I'm going to work on that tonight!
I also learned from hopping around the blogs that I was sorely lacking in the refreshment department! Clearly I need to think about that to make this FNSI more of a success!
My plan is to enjoy sewing some civil war blocks, and maybe work on some borders for my December UFO. But I might also try making some Christmas gifts while I watch "The Grinch"...and remind myself not to let the Grinch steal my Christmas spirit! I will remember to feel thankful and know that every stitch counts!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's to having a merry and successful night of sewing tonight, along with some yummy refreshment! Enjoy!

Diane said...

happy sewing to you, what ever you work on!

sunny said...

What a great post! Happy FNSI to you - will be watching to see what you accomplish. I'll need to dig out Miracle on 34th Street before I get started tonight.

Janet O. said...

Well said. The glass is half full!

Mary said...

Happy Sewing tonight. No regrets here. Finished up all of my projects I could, and will start on next years - next year.

A Creative Life said...

Happy Sewing, It will be nice to see all the civil war blocks come together and good luck with the making of christmas gifts.

http://rashisquiltblog.blogspot.com/

Becky said...

Great message! It's rather like the questioin "how do you eat an elephant? Answer: One bite at a time! Hope that you enjoyed your evening!