Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

The unwrapping extravaganza is over...all the gifts are revealed, and the kids are playing and reading. Before I start cooking casseroles for the family supper, I thought I'd write a quick blog post about the homemade gifts I worked on this Christmas.
I made a pile of hot mats using up my Maxine fabric. 
The hot mat backings used the rest of my "Make Life" fabric. I love to use up my stash fabric, but at the same time feel so sad when a favorite fabric is GONE!  Sounds crazy, I know! 
And I used up tons of black strips for the bindings. I just sewed miles of strips together and cleared out the black scrap bin.


I also made some "pot pinchers" for my siblings using camping themed fabric. The pattern is thorough and well written, and although you wouldn't know it to look at them, they took me forever to make
Another thing I enjoyed creating was Christmas Cards. I didn't send out many this year, but wanted to try to make my own and just enjoy the process. It was great fun and made my annual card writing ritual a delight.




I hope you are enjoying a very Merry Christmas with your family today! 



10 comments:

beaquilter said...

really cute things :-)

Terri said...

cute cards... I didn't know Santa had blue eyes!
Love the Maxine pot holders. Good idea.
Merry Christmas and thanks for the post!
Hugs

Quilting By Celia said...

I like your hotpads with the Maxine fabrics.

Merilyn said...

Those 'pot-pinchers' are a great idea, thanks for the link!
Love home-made gifts, nice job!
Have a wonderful Christmas season!!!

Sally Ann said...

Love the hot pads!! Merry Christmas Kathy!! It's wonderful all the homemade gifts you make!! I am going to try harder next year! Have a great holiday!!

Janet O. said...

Love those pot holders! I know what you mean about loving to use up fabric, but feeling sad when favorites are gone.
What beautiful cards! I used to make all of mine with rubber stamps--another obsessive thing I went through. : )

Judy D in WA said...

Love the hot mats! How much fun they would be to use. I know what you mean about using up your favorite fabrics....it makes a space for a new favorite. Thinks I'll put fun hot mats on my list for projects for next Christmas.

AnnieO said...

Cute potholders! I know what you mean about being sad when a fabric gets used up...

Adorable cards, what fun!

Jacqui's Quilts said...

I LOVE that fabric with the Love Life on it! Where did you get that? I have a niece that fits that perfectly LOL. Oh I think you put a link on your post...I'll go check it out. I too have that same feeling of being sad when a fabric is used, but once the piece is done, I'm good with it...and we can always go shopping right?

Kate said...

Hope you had a merry Christmas.

Love the Maxine hot mats! Great use of stash!