Thursday, May 24, 2012

Baby Quilt

My friend Christine finally had her baby and we are all relieved that he has arrived safe and sound (after quite a challenging delivery). Here is baby Safo! It was love at first sight (only for me, not for him!) and I can't get enough of this amazing little bundle of joy. I finished his baby quilt at the beginning of March (to read about the conception and development of the quilt - click here) and have just been waiting for him to arrive so I could give it to him. Thanks again to my friend Marion who gave me the scraps that inspired this quilt.

Here we are at the baby shower, with Safo's Mom and two older sisters. What a fun shower we had to celebrate his arrival! 
The baby quilt was a big hit with the shower guests, and Safo seems to like it too!
My teenagers are calling me "baby stalker" because I can't wait for the next visit, and keep inviting myself over to snuggle this adorable tiny creature. 
Life seems more manageable after time spent cuddling a baby, don't you agree?!?

10 comments:

Janet O. said...

Absolutely! Can't get enough baby love! : )
The quilt did turn out awfully nice!

Janet O. said...

BTW, beautiful shot of you with that precious bundle!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful quilt and precious little Safo looks so sweet on it!

Judy D in WA said...

Nothing melts the heart quicker than a sweet little baby! He's adorable on his quilt. And the look on your face is precious.

Darlene said...

Safo is adorable - I'd be a baby stalker, too. LOL

Carrie P. said...

such sweet photos. great quilt for such a cute little boy.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Everyone needs a baby fix once in a while! that is a very cute baby and a wonderful quilt!

Diane said...

oh my what a sweetie! And with 2 older sisters, he will be well cared for! nothing like a little 'baby holding' to make everything feel 'all better'. The quilt looks perfect too.

Ellen said...

Wonderful pictures - I love the one of you cuddling the baby!

Roslyn said...

Ha, babies are the most efficient time wasters,LOL.