Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Report

All the Christmas preparations, the shopping, the baking, the wrapping, and the cooking, followed by the Christmas enjoyment, the eating, the special events, the traveling, and the visiting, has resulted in amazing moments of pure happiness, great memories, and feelings of thankfulness.
This year I sewed luggage tags for my 15 nieces and nephews and tucked a little bit of travel cash in behind each tag. I got the inspiration on this "I Have A Notion" blogpost. I just used a regular stabilizer since I used up all my fusible interfacing making my nephew's Tshirt quilt, and don't have any Timtex. These luggage tags are probably a little less weighty than Kelly's, but I liked how they turned out and hope they hold up to the wear.
I baked a couple different kinds of shortbread cookies this year to see which one I liked best and didn't take a photo of a single one! 
I also made a ton of these pretzel and chocolate treats (recipe here) which teenagers eat by the dozen!
And now that Christmas is over, I am completely exhausted. A kind of a "post baby delivery" kind of exhaustion if you know what I mean! Exhilaration and excitement with a light sprinkling of relief that "it's over" and thoughts of "I can't believe I did all that", followed by total fatigue! I feel like I could sleep for a week/month. 
So today I plan to follow Miss Molly's example (see her new pink sweater that Santa brought?!), find a sunny, warm spot, and have a long nap!
And then I hope to do some relaxing sewing. 
Tomorrow I will share my three favorite gifts from this Christmas .

9 comments:

Janet O. said...

The luggage tags are a very clever idea.
I love the way you describe the feeling after Christmas--right on the money!
Enjoy your nap. I think I'll take one, too. : )

scraphappy said...

A long nap sounds like the perfect way to recover from a busy holiday season. Also the perfect opportunity for reflection on the past year and panning for the next.

cajunquilter said...

Love the way you described it. That is exactly how I felt until today. Finally I have a little energy and have been scrubbing the kitchen from ceiling to floor. Not finished but making headway.

Sue said...

It is going to be 106 degrees F here in Perth today, I can only dream about snow! lol Molly looks adorable in her new jumper.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

It's only 8 PM and my bed is looking pretty good! We are having cold weather which makes me want to cuddle up and read.

AnnieO said...

Cute gift idea for teens! We long ago gave up buying for nieces and nephews since there are 13 of them--the hazards and joys of a large family :) Glad you are over the busy busy and ready to relax and recuperate--I'm sure it will involve stitching!

Josie said...

Heck... reading how busy you've been I think I need a sympathy nap! Love the tags you made for the teens. What a great idea... bet they loved them... and the cash too! ;o)

Janette said...

I just found your blog and I am amazed at how much you accomplish. I am also a fan of the Barbara Brackman BOW and Bonnie Hunter - however I have started Easy Street, still on step 1 and have only downloaded the BOW patterns for "someday" - glad to hear you intend to keep blogging!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one that feels relief when it is all over. :o) Hope you have a wonderful New Year!! all the best for 2013.