Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"Votes For Women" Wednesday

More progress to report on my Votes for Women sampler project...

I had a great time hand piecing block #29 called "Seven Point Star for Australia". The centre isn't exactly perfect (LOL!) but I am very proud to point out that I (fairly) successfully sewed 7 set-in seams for this block! 
And it lays flat!
Yah me!




Block #30 is called "Broad Arrow". I didn't like the look of one arrow, so I wanted to sew two arrows in one block, but it was a bit tricky to figure out mathematically. I added a border around the arrows to bring it up to size.

Onto the next block...

10 comments:

Deb A said...

Great job on the blocks. How did you applique down the star or did you piece the background in parts? I still need to get mine onto a background somehow.

Nancy-Rose said...

You're a brave woman for doing the seven-pointed star. I chickened out and replaced it with a different block. Good job Kathy!

julieQ said...

I like what you did with that Arrow block...such pretty colors you have chosen!!

Deanna W said...

Woohoo to you..set in seams and it lies flat...good for you for sure!!Catching up on housework before I get to play with my purchases from last week!

Betty Lou said...

Nice work-----------looks great!

Cathy said...

Great job on that star! And I wish I had thought to do what you did with that broad arrow block. I did the big one and find it really stands out in all the other blocks,

Janet O. said...

Congrats on 7 set in seams that all play nicely together! Don't know that I would have ever even attempted it. : )
I like the two arrows in the block. Nice job.

Kindred Quilts said...

Love both of you blocks... clever how you put two broad arrows in one block! Great fabrics on both!!!

Teresa said...

Your star is very nice and I do love the fabric choices.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh yes - way to go!! It looks marvelous!!!