Monday, July 01, 2013

Design Wall Monday

A couple of weeks ago I participated in a shop hop with some quilting friends in the Kingston area. At each store you could buy a kit with block patterns and fabric strips. If you went to all the stores, you would have enough fabric and instructions to complete a sampler quilt. Each store had their version of the quilt and it was fun to see the layout variations. If you have Facebook (which I don't) you can see the layouts on the KBH Shophop page.
I have finished all my blocks and have been rearranging them on my design wall. I purchased two fabrics for borders, but haven't decided on my layout yet. I will keep admiring the blocks until I decide :)
To see more design walls, hop over to Patchwork Times.
And to all you Canadian quilters....
Happy Canada Day!!

10 comments:

Janet O. said...

And a Happy Canada Day to you! Two years ago I was celebrating this day in Waterton, and Cardston, Alberta at a family reunion.
Fun sampler blocks. I made some quilt blocks from a shop hop years ago and I have never made them into a top. I wish you better luck than that! : )

Mary said...

That is great that you already have your Blocks made. This will make a good FALL quilt. Happy Canada Day! One day I will get back to visit the place I was married in Cardston Alberta. Canada holds a special place in my heart.

Darlene said...

Happy Canada Day, Kathy.

Your blocks are fabulous!!!

Threeundertwo said...

Those are great blocks! I love when shops coordinate giveaways like that. The final quilt makes a good memory.

Deanna W said...

Happy finishing...love the Canada flag. I remember when you all made those and Louise and I were the tea ladies!!!
Happy Canada Day!!

Kate said...

Happy Canada Day! Love your sampler blocks, what a great way to remember your quilt shop hop.

Teresa in Music City said...

I've done quite a few of those Shop Hop blocks - they are fun and usually pretty easy to do. I also have several bags filled with Shop Hop blocks that have become UFO's :*) Someday.....

Kindred Quilts said...

Pretty blocks, and what a great shop hop idea! I've never been on a shop hop... waiting for retirement!

AnnieO said...

I guess you've cut out sleep entirely. No other reason for your prolific production and progress! These blocks are lovely.

Sheila said...

I like sampler block quilts. They are always so interesting.
Happy Canada Day!