Saturday, July 27, 2013

Scrappy Saturday - last aqua week

For the first time ever in participating in the Rainbow Challenge, I can report that I used up almost all my scraps in one colour! Woohoo! 
I am having great fun with the spool blocks and sewed up my last aqua scraps into 40 of these 3" spool blocks. Did you see Bonnie's Spool Review last week and see all the great quilts being made?!  Many of the 'Rainbow Scrappers' posted their progress and I was cheering for them! Great job!



I even received a donation from my friend Barb to add to the scrappy mix this month! I used every one of them...can you find the spools from these scraps?

I think this is the block format I am going to make... 4 spools of one colour (makes a 6" block). Then I might sew 4 of these together to make 12" blocks, but am not sure if I want to do that randomly, or have more control over block/colour placement by keeping the blocks of 4 separate until layout time?

I also sewed 9 pretty Alamo Stars over the month.
I wonder when I will get sick of these blocks? They are still so fun for me to sew here and there as leader/enders.





It is time to put the July blocks away and prepare for August sewing. What's the next colour up? 
Any guesses?
Thanks to Angela for all the fun with Scrappy Saturdays. Pop over to her blog and see what other quilters are sewing today.

16 comments:

Lesley said...

I love, love, love your teal spools!

Katie Z. said...

Good work using up ALL your aqua scraps. I think I did too this month!

Missy Shay said...

You need to post how many total spool blocks you have now, I bet it's a lot!

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on using up most of your teal. What a great collection of blocks!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Hi Kathy! I received some of your teal sewing in the mail yesterday! Thanks very much for the teal slabs for Alberta. I hope to put a quilt top together soon and get it in the mail to Calgary for flood victims. Several friends made blocks for this project and I love the variety of scraps that everyone used. Keep an eye on my blog for a picture of the finished top. There will even be some extra blocks to send along with the top. Thanks again! Gail

The Cozy Quilter said...

BTW. I love your stars and spools!

Teresa in Music City said...

Love all your Spool blocks! I really wish I had begun making those when Bonnie started that challenge. What a cute quilt they will make :*) And those Alamo blocks are just too darn sweet! I love the fact that they are leaders/enders and seem to appear out of nowhere :*) You did a great job with your teal scraps this month!!!

Deanna W said...

For shame I feel like I can't get anything done. You are so productive!! Must settle downa and get to work. I have two weeks to make a log cabin quilt start to finish. Although I am hoping to get a friend to quilt it. I am off and cutting today!!

Sarah said...

Wow that is a lot of spool blocks. They do look good!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Love your teal blocks (ALL of them!) and hope to have more teal scraps to sew with next year!

Kate said...

Pretty blocks. Congrats on clearing out all your teal scraps.

Funky's Mama said...

Wow -- actually finishing up a color -- I can only imagine. Your spools & stars look great!

Angie said...

Wow - what an amazing collection of aqua/teal/turquoise spools! Glad you are having fun with them. Love the Alamo Stars, as always!

Julie in GA said...

Your teal spools look great! I like the way you are planning to arrange them in groups of 4.

Cathy Tomm said...

Wow love some of your blue/greens. Great spools, I have to thought much about how I will arrange mine.

Andee said...

Way to go on using up all your aqua scraps!!!