Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Votes For Women Wednesday



The final Votes For Women block pattern has already been posted. This quilt-along went by way too fast and has been really fun! However Barbara seems to be torturing us by making the last few block patterns with applique and curves!
I will get to work on those because I am almost an expert now! *snort*
I only finished two blocks this week...block #4 which I wrote about in Sunday's post and this one: Block #40 called 'Art Square: Women in a Box'
I made my center square a bit more interesting by using a 4 patch block. And inspired by Becky Brown's sample block on the blog post, I cut the triangles on the bias to get the diagonal lines running around the block. Very neat effect if I do say so myself! 
How are you coming along with your blocks? Almost finished? Ready to put them all up on the design wall and celebrate? I'm so close...

3 comments:

Deb A said...

I love how you have the wavy lines in this one! Great job on plugging along on the blocks. I'm almost done week 47...... two more leaves to turn and I will have all the blocks done!

Janet O. said...

I do like the effect of the wiggly lines surrounding the 4-patch. Nice job.

Kindred Quilts said...

I also like the wavy pattern of your background fabric! Very cool effect! Looking forward to seeing all the blocks on your design wall... didn't participate, but have enjoyed watching others progress!