Saturday, November 23, 2013

Scrappy Saturday

I cannot believe how fast November has flown by. I seem to be having trouble leaving the black scraps behind and moving on to brown. Some organizing of brown scraps was accomplished this week and progress was made on a few of my scrappy projects.
*I made a few more tiny black 9 patch blocks for Omigosh. I put the double 9 patch beside one of my 3" spool blocks so you could get some size perspective... they are teeny tiny!

*I have  cut a few brown pumpkin seed blocks and hope to have time to finish the applique during TV watching time this weekend. 



*And I scored some brown batik scraps from my friend Marg, from the quilt I machine quilted for her last week. 
She donated some of the scraps for my Alamo Stars. I sewed two more blocks and am looking forward to cutting more to use as leader-enders this week.
To see more scrappy brown projects, hop over to SoScrappy.




16 comments:

Deb A said...

Lucky you! Pretty fabrics and all your projects are moving forward. Those ohmygosh are sooooo tiny!

scraphappy said...

Love the ohmygosh! It makes me want to start sewing mine together. So stinking cute!

scraphappy said...

Love the ohmygosh! It makes me want to start sewing mine together. So stinking cute!

julieQ said...

Love those pumpkin seeds!! I can see this one in scrappy, scrappy, scrappy as can be. Your O My gosh nine patches are so cute...that is definitely on my radar!

Kate said...

Those 9 patches are tiny! Looks like you are full steam ahead on all your scrappy projects. Looking good!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Those mini 9 patches are just so wonderful! All of your blocks look great but those minis are calling "make me"!

Julie in GA said...

I love the Omigosh quilts that I have seen, but not so sure I would want to make such tiny 9 patches. Yours are looking great, as are all your other blocks.

Katie Z. said...

So lovely!

Janet O. said...

Itty bitty 9-patches! So cute. Beautiful batiks for your little stars

Barbara Arcement said...

cute little 9 patch blocks.
It will be a nice quilt
I love scrappy quilts.
I enjoyed reading your blog
hugs
beebee
maybe you can visit mine?

http://beebeesquiltsandmore.blogspot.com/

Cathy Tomm said...

Great looking brown. Yes the month is flying by fast.

margaret said...

can`t get my head round those tiny 9 patch blocks am I right in thinking the 9 patch is only 1" all together? surely that is not possible?!

Julierose said...

Omygosh--look at all those brown blocks--all so pretty! I didn't even get to pulling my scant browns out! Just couldn't get to it...hugs, Julierose

Angie said...

What is it about brown fabrics making us think "yummy!"? I guess it's the chocolate connection! All your browns look scrumptious, but the new batiks are especially wonderful!

Sheila said...

Love your brown fabrics and blocks. Can't imagine sewing such tiny pieces of fabric together!

Ellen said...

Seeing how great all of your blocks look makes me want to join in and make them too! Now...just to figure out how to fit it all in!