Sunday, May 10, 2015

Slow Sunday Stitching - Happy Mother's Day


This week just passed in a blur and there wasn't nearly enough time for sewing. I was able to finish another embroidery block for my Life Is Beautiful project, and have started the next one.
Life is Beautiful block #7

I had a great time on the shop hop on Friday, and was able to purchase a few things to add to my fabric stash. I found some red fabrics to create the blocks for the Life is Beautiful stitcheries to be stitched to (photos to come this week).








On the drive home I was distressed to see this little calf at the side of the road, on the wrong side (road side) of the fence. What to do about this little creature? I told him to get over in the field and stay with his Mom, but he was tired and confused. 
It made me think of those who are not able to be with their Mom/child on this Mother's Day. I wish all of you a Happy Mother's Day and hope you are being treated to a day of appreciation and relaxation. And to those who have lost their Mom or their child, I am sending you big hugs. I plan to see my Mom later today, and will make sure to give her lots of love and appreciation, and to be thankful that we can spend time together today.


What are you hand stitching today? Link up your blog post below and share your plans for mother's day stitching.





9 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too! :)

Quilting Stories said...

Oh poor little calf! Thanks for your wishes Kathy and Happy Mother's Day to you!

NancyA said...

The calf will be fine. When dinner time comes mom and baby will find each other. (It happens all the time)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

happy mother's day to you - enjoy the day

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Love your little cherry block. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

CathieJ said...

I hope that calf was reunited with its mama. Happy Mother's Day.

Janet O. said...

The cherry block is great--love the sentiment.
Poor lost baby. Those adventurous little critters get out all the time and then can't figure out how to get back in.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I am celebrating next weekend when my daughter is home.

Kate said...

Poor little guy. Hopefully Mom came by and coaxed him back across the fence.