Tuesday, August 02, 2016

August UFO


July's UFO saw a bit of progress last month, but it is definitely not close to being finished. However it was not for lack of effort! The seam join problem was fixed, and then I machine quilted the right side border and attached it to the quilt. This is how it looked at the end of the month. Close, but no cigar! So I'm putting it away again for a bit of a break and bringing back the UFO from May called Triangle Stars.
I started this quilt two years ago, and a lot of progress was made on it in May when it finally became a quilt top. It was too big of a goal to finish the top and the quilting all in one month. Now it is the UFO goal for August. 
Here is the work pile - the quilt top, the white batting, and the white backing. I don't think I've ever made a quilt with this much white.
I purchased a white batting because my regular warm and natural beige batting showed through and gave the quilt top a beige tinge. The backing is just plain white yardage pieced together. Getting these three items to this point is already a major accomplishment!
The pin basting is the next step in preparing for the machine quilting. Lots of people really detest this step, but I don't mind it. I put on some great music and it goes really fast using the Kwik Klip tool.
To see more UFO goals for August hop over to One Monthly Goal link up.

8 comments:

SandraC said...

Can't wait to see how you'll quilt this one! It's a beauty!

Stitchin At Home said...

I am not a fan pf pin basting. Have fun quilting this lovely quilt.

Kate said...

Congrats on the progress on the July UFO. Good luck with this month's goal.

Julierose said...

Glad you got it to this point--I do like pin basting myself..and use that tool, too. good luck on your goal...hugs, Julierose

Deb A said...

Good luck on getting this one completed this month. I am back to the QSQA for my UFO this month.. hopefully I will have the back seams for Sunday stitching this week.

Heidi said...

Triangle Stars looks amazing, Good Luck!

Jo said...

Good that you are still working through your UFO's .....

Lisa J. said...

Good luck with your August goal Kathy. You know I love this quilt. The July project is beautiful as well.