Thursday, September 08, 2016

New Fall Quiltalongs


I just love quiltalongs. It's so fun to see many creative versions of the same quilt, and I enjoy the energy of a group working on a project.
Lorna over at Sew Fresh Quilts is hosting another quiltalong this fall. Have you seen it? The pattern is called MOD Bear Paw and you can get all the details here.
I don't have time to start a large project, but I have seen several bears this year, both live ones and dead ones, so I HAVE to make this quilt. Maybe I'll make a smaller version.

And also Red Crinoline Quilts is hosting a Block of the Week Fall Mystery, which I am also hoping to start. The first block has been posted here and is only 6" so it will be quick and easy... how can you resist!?! My Circa 2016 project will be winding up soon, so I've been looking for another weekly project to work on. 

Are there any other fall quiltalongs happening that I may have missed? I hate to miss out on starting a new UFO!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Lisa Bongean (lisabongean.com) is hosting a Magic of Christmas (red & white quilt) quilt along.

Jo said...

Thanks for the links. I love the Bears

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I'll be doing an autumn inspired quilt along in October, with a few giveaways too. The projects are small, with weekly posts, and you'll have it done in a month, in time to enjoy this year and use at Thanksgiving.

Dolores said...

Meadow Mist Designs has a mystery quilt that has just begun and wouldn't be hard to catch up. It's only 60" X 60" and several participants are making two. http://meadowmistdesigns.blogspot.ca/p/mystery-quilt.html

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I can't wait to see how your Bears comes along - great pattern. I am skipping a lot of new QALs as I want to get some finishes by the end of the year.

Janet O. said...

Oh, you are so funny--here you are out looking for any excuse to start a new quilt along and I am looking to avoid them all I can.
That said, this is an incredibly clever pattern. Kudos to the designer!
I know Lori at Humble Quilts has indicated that she will be doing another SAL doll quilt this Fall, but no clue yet as to when it starts. Red Brolly has a Happy Holidays quilt-along going on--just on block #3. Lisa Bongean (Primitive Gatherings) is on block #3 of her Magic of Christmas SAL. Those are the only ones I know of that you haven't already mentioned. : )

Mary said...

The only New SAL I have joined is the City Sampler by Tula Pink on Instagram.
I get razzed by Janet O everytime I start a new one. Have fun making the bears.

Lisa J. said...

Hi kathy: I'm trying to figure out how I can fit Lorna's quilt along into my overly full life as well. I'm definitely going to have to alter it somehow to get anything done on it.