Tuesday, September 06, 2016

New Quilt - Kissy Fishy

Lorna from Sew Fresh Quilts released several new patterns this summer, and one of my favourites is Kissy Fishy. I was lucky enough to be a pattern tester for her, and this has been such a fun project to sew.

I am finally using my favourite Kaffe Fassett Paperweight fabrics (that I pick up every time I visit the Hyggeligt booth at a quilt show) for the fish bodies, bright polka dot scraps for the faces, fins and tails, and different blues for the ocean background. It's so fun to try to find little 1" scraps to use for the fish eyes! 

These are all left facing fish, and the right facing fish blocks are all cut and ready to sew.
You can see Lorna's Kissy Fishy over at Sew Fresh Quilts, and you can get the pattern at her etsy store here.

13 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

Darling Kissy Fishy blocks!!!! Glad you got to test her pattern and use some great Kaffe Fasset fabrics too! I love how your left sided fish turned out and will look forward to seeing them kissing soon too! Kathi

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is cute - I have the blackbirds pattern and I think I will start making a couple blocks a month like I am with another pattern if I wait until I am done with a couple quilts it will take forever to start

The Cozy Quilter said...

Lorna is coming to speak at our guild in November . I have already booked a day of vacation to take her class! I have some of that paperweight fabric too....it looks great in your fishies!!

Janet O. said...

These do look fun, and it appears that you have had a good time finding the perfect fabrics for each block.
The fussy cut circles are a nice effect in the eye-balls. : )

Sarah said...

Nice fish! I've just looked at the pattern, I really like it. Great fun.

Pam said...

Love those fish! Well done!

Julie said...

What a cute quilt pattern and I love those fabrics!

scraphappy said...

I have some of that fabric and I really love it. Just perfect for fishy blocks. Finding just the right fabric for a block is such a great feeling.

Mary said...

Great Fabrics for the Fishys. Fun that you got to be a Tester for her too!

Run 'n Stitch said...

Cutie pie quilt! What a fun pattern for kids and others. Great fabric choices Kathy!

Kate said...

A perfect school of fish! Very fun and cute.

Lorna McMahon said...

Your Kaffe Fassett Fish are fabulous, Kathy! This is going to be one cool school!

legato1958 said...

I really love your colorful fish!! Your fabrics are so fun! Can't wait to see the rest of the gang!!
Susie