Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Plein Air Quilting



There has been very little indoor activity inside my quilt studio.  But a lot of quilting has been going on at "Silent Lake", and of course since I arrived, it is no longer "silent"! LOL 
The weather has been my absolute favourite, and I am feeling refreshed and renewed from all of the "plein air" quilting. Just look at this view. The sun is casting long shadows because it's almost time for the sun to set. I cannot soak up enough of this sunshine and fresh air to get me through the long cold winter ahead. 

I saw this sign at the entrance to the park where I am camping and thought of Lorna's MOD Bear Paw Quiltalong. She has posted the cutting instructions and as soon as I get home, I'll be starting to cut bear fabrics.

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

such a beautiful setting - enjoy!!

Janet O. said...

Looks like such a wonderful place to go to renew yourself.
But I had to laugh, Kathy. Here you read a warning intended to make you think about the danger of the bears and being careful not to attract them to your campsite, and what comes to your mind? A Quiltalong. I hope you brought a responsible adult along. *LOL*

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Ah, the bowties are in the hoop - spectacular place to enjoy slow stitching and refreshing self.

SandraC said...

Wish I was sitting there next to you doing a bit of stitching and relaxing....today has turned out to be a bit stressful and I could use some downtime!!

Julierose said...

Oh your title is great--Where we live in CT the Art School has Plein Air painting courses...you can see the easels set up along the coast and the marshes--I always wanted to be able to paint...
your project looks lovely hugs, Julierose
hugs, Julierose

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow 💖... What a spot💖💖

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

LOVE the quilt by the lake ! What a beautiful shot.

Barb said...

what a great time of year to camp. I love the light of fall too.
Your bow tie quilting looks great.

Raewyn said...

It looks like a beautiful place to soak up the sun and get some stitching done too. Gorgeous first photo and I love that sign - I'm hoping to do the Bears Paw QAL too - need to decide on my fabrics first though!