Saturday, September 10, 2016

Scrappy Saturday - National Sewing Machine Day Sept 10th

Today is the day we honour our sewing machines! It's National Sewing Machine Day! I use a sewing machine almost every day of my life and cannot even imagine my life without them. 
To honour my sewing machines (and keep track of them all!) I created a page on the top of my blog called "The Herd". It details all of the machines I have, where I found/bought/inherited them from, and why each one is special. It might be an unhealthy relationship I have with my sewing machines. I leave it up to you to decide. I'll be in my sewing room playing with the herd and cutting fabric for my next Alamo Star leader/ender blocks.


These are the Alamo Star blocks I made over the last couple of months... two pink for July on the bottom row, two light purple blocks for August, and I'll be cutting fabric for some red blocks for September. No wait... I'll be fixing that crazy looking star block first!
To see more rainbow challenge blocks, hop over to SoScrappy.

12 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

I have 5 machines in my herd. I used to have 6 but donated one to a charity project that teaches low income women to quilt. That lower right star has a mind of its own!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I knew about SOME of the machines in the herd but not all. What a fun read that was! :)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You only have 15 machines? You need to catch up. I have over 60, so far.

Ardelia said...

I like all your stars. It just looks like one wants to take off to join the ones in the sky.

scraphappy said...

Happy Sewing machine day! Hope you and the herd have a productive time.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I didn't know we had sewing machine day too LOL - what do we not have a day for I wonder. I have 3 machines - one doesn't work at all right now, one does in fits and starts and the Juki is the one I use all the time when I am not making a quilt by hand.

Needled Mom said...

There always has to be at least one slip up. ;-)

Janet O. said...

I love the crazy star--it has legs to stand on!
I honored my sewing machine today by closing it up. Too much to do today to allow myself that play time, so I needed to remove the temptation.
Got to go read about your herd! : )

Peggyinno said...

Your star reminds me of a Sesame Street song----one of these things is not like the other..................LOL!!
Have fun sewing today. I'm heading into my studio too, so I will look thru your 'herd' later!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Am I the only one who cannot see the tab at the top of your blog for The Herd? Your link works but . . . I have 3 machines. Bernina 153 (my travel machine), Bernina 440 (my studio DSM) and Max (my APQS George sit down long arm). That's it - no more for me. I shall enjoy the others through caretakers like you (grin).

Mary said...

I think I have 13. Your Herd page is a good place to put them. I love ny Treadle. Had to replace the belt. I guess I sewed too fast and it broke. Always good to see your Alamo Stars.

Kaja said...

I like the crazy looking star; it looks like its got legs. I have four machines, but only because I can't work out where I'd hide them if I bought more!