Sunday, September 18, 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the Slow Sunday Stitching linky party! Thank you for joining us today!
In my recent online wanderings I came across the Japanese word "Shinrin-yoku" which means "forest bathing". Doesn't that sound wonderful?!? That is exactly what I was doing last weekend and it was indeed wonderful
The health benefits are listed here and include decreased stress hormones and blood pressure, and increased immune system functioning. Yes please, give me some of that! 
The forest is a magical, relaxing and healing place, and if you add hand stitching activity while in the forest, you double up the relaxation effects.
And the forest teaches the lesson of perspective... just look at how tiny and insignificant my embroidery block looks in the forest. And did you notice that huge mushroom on the left of the stump at the bottom of the photo? The forest was full of them.


While forest bathing, I finished this Life Is Beautiful block... 
"Love is the greatest refreshment in life". I would add that nature is another of the greatest refreshments in life.


Life Is Beautiful block #28



What are you working on today? We love to encourage you in your slow stitching endeavours and see what you're working on. Link up your hand stitching blog post below.
And if you haven't already signed up for my 10th blogiversary fabric giveaway, hop over here and leave a comment to win some Good Neighbours fabric.


   
    An InLinkz Link-up
   

21 comments:

KaHolly said...

What a delightful post! I'll be sewing binding today. I'm in migraine mode, so won't be good for much else.

Frances Meredith said...

Love the pineapples!

The Cozy Quilter said...

It looks like you had a great holiday...time by the lake, in the forest...hand stitching...what could be better? I love seeing your Life is Beautiful blocks! I posted two links this week...one for a hand stitching finish this past week and one for what I'm working on today! Hope this is ok!

Created by Kathi said...

I spend much time outdoors in a screened in room ... I have a water bubbler going and can hear nature in the trees that surround my Florida room... LOVE IT! VERY REFRESHING TOO!!! Just like this post is :) so happy to be linking with you today also!!! Have a good one and glad you got in a good dose of outdoor time! Kathi

CathieJ said...

I love that block. I have always been partial to pineapples. What a pretty forest picture.

Ariane said...

Your block is so sweet. I love it!!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Love seeing your work in the hoop in the forest :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh I love hiking thru the woods and finding a quiet place to sit and just listen. Adding some hand quilting to the experience must really be marvelous

Little Penpen said...

Forest bathing sounds great as long as the mosquitoes leave me alone! :-) I like your stitchery!

SandraC said...

It would be so nice to be able to sit and applique in such a setting

Deb said...

Love the pineapple stitchery and I did notice the large mushroom right away. I have been forest bathing most of my life and find it extremely calming, I am fortunate to live in an area that has National Forest trails nearby and many lovely short hikes and nature trails. This year I made it my goal to walk one new trail every month so far I have.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

"forest bathing" I love that term and your piece looks so nice resting on that stump. Nothing better then sitting outside with some stitchery of any kind and enjoying the air!

Wehago designs said...

Love your shots in the Forrest, what an awesome place to relax and stitch in

Denise :) said...

Great staging for a darling block!! Very creative! :)

Teresa in Music City said...

I must admit it has been a while since I've had the privilege to play in a forest! I used to love it as a child, I remember. And I always have to have trees around our home or it's just not a home. Love your latest block - those pineapples are adorable!

maggie fellow said...

oh that sounds so wonderful, beautiful stitching

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I know that feeling, it is why I live in the forest on the mountainside. I can feel myself relaxing every time I walk outside. I just wish it would cool off. Beautiful pictures!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I slow stitched last Sunday, I just didn't get a chance to blog about it. No slow stitching today, since I'm supposed to have 14 people over for dinner tonight.

Kate said...

What a gorgeous place to stitch! Hope you get your stitching "refreshment" this weekend too.

Stephie said...

Nothing so majestic here as your forest Kathy. It sounds like a wonderful place to just 'be me' - and with sewing thrown into the mix, well there's no way it could fail!

Janet O. said...

Forest bathing--LOVE it!!