Sunday, September 25, 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly link up for the hand stitching community! We hope you will visit some of the blogs linked below to see the wonderful range of projects being stitched today.
I will be sitting by the water again today and will be putting more stitches in my reproduction bow tie quilt. It is the perfect sized project to take anywhere. It covers my lap and keeps me warm, but isn't so big that it drags on the ground.


The September weather here has been glorious with warm temperatures and sunny blue skies most days. Last week I was treated to forest bathing, and this week I will be enjoying my Sunday stitching by the water! 
I spread the quilt out on my lawn chair so you can you see my stitching progress. I started in the spot where the blocks form a circle and have been stitching in concentric rows out from there. Slow and steady stitching finishes a quilt eventually!
What are you working on today? Link up your hand stitching project below and share your progress.

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

21 comments:

CathieJ said...

Your quilt is looking great and that view is just amazing. Enjoy your lakeside stitching.

KaHolly said...

Lakeside stitching/quilting! How delicious that sounds! XO

Denise :) said...

Kathy, your bow tie quilt is gorgeous! What a joy it must be to work on it, especially given the setting of the water!! :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

I hope we still have a few weeks of sewing by the lake weather!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks so peaceful- today is hot again here I would be sweltering under a quilt on the porch - love you quilt - I did the bowtie in that design once and loved it.

Kathy S. said...

Your bow tie quilt is as beautiful as your surroundings! Love all the natural colors. Happy stitching! Enjoy the weather.

Debra said...

What a beautiful place to stitch! Your bow tie quilt is wonderful. Happy Stitching!

Deb A said...

Wish I was sitting in a chair next to you at that glorious location. Enjoy your stitching with a beautiful view.

Wehago designs said...

Looking Great! I have managed to do some slow stitching again. Thanks for hosting by the way..

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

No slow stitching for me today (hand cranks don't count). Enjoy the water. We're expecting rain (not good when you are hauling machines).

Kalicocreations said...

Beautiful bow tie quilt and surroundings. I wish I had a lake to stitch by!
Terry

Jennie in GA said...

Beautiful setting and love your quilt!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty setting!

Sarah said...

the quilt is looking good and what a fantastic place to think and stitch!

Monica said...

Your bowtie quilt is really lovely, Kathy, and you will have a perfect day for it! Looks wonderful. :D

Deb said...

Your quilt looks wonderful, Bowtie is one of my favorite patterns, have a wonderful day by the water stitching.

Rosa said...

Your quilts looks spectacular and the setting is great.

Bonnie said...

How great to be able to stitch outside in the beautiful fall weather. We are finally having cooler weather here in Virginia after a ridiculously long number of days in the 90s.

Nana said...

The prettiest bow tie design I have ever seen and the view is beautiful

Rachel said...

Very pretty... both the quilt and the view!

Every Stitch said...

Lovely photo of the quilt by the lake! the quilting is giving it a beautiful texture!