Monday, August 07, 2017

Clarissa is on the Design Wall!


Block #16 for the Clarissa quilt is finished. Because this is a leader-ender project, some blocks are made quickly and others take a while depending on how much piecing I'm doing. This block progressed faster once the machine quilting on the Bear quilt was finished. This block has a darker pinwheel centre, with a light teal and white inner border, followed by a darker outside border. I think the outside border has 4 different brown scraps... plus my favourite plaid.
Here are all the blocks on the design wall.
Yummalicious!

























Total number of pieces in this quilt so far = 2,304!!

It is so exciting to have another quiltmaker inspired by the original Clarissa quilt. Cathy who blogs at Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting is making these hourglass blocks too - click here to see her blocks.

Linking up to Design Wall Monday over at Small Quilts.

15 comments:

Teresa said...

What a great quilt! I have trouble picking out my favorite block, I love them all.

piecefulwendy said...

Oh my, that's quite the number of pieces so far! I'm enjoying your posts on your progress with this quilt. The colors are so pretty. Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Those blocks look great.

sandi s said...

It's beautiful!! I just love the fabric colors. Hugs,

Janet O. said...

These blocks are so fun--all the same pattern, but each unique. And I think this last one may be my favorite so far. :)

AnnieO said...

Lovely! Each so different, and interesting!

Ariane said...

These look amazing together!

Mary said...

Changing the values makes it sparkle. Lots of Fun Hourglass units = lots of tiny pieces.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

These blocks look amazing all together!

Deanna W said...

Looking at your blocks I am thinking they would look good put together as is..with no sashing. Let the colours in the blocks be the thing that divides each block from the other.

Nell's Quilts said...

The blocks just sparkle. Beautiful.

Kate said...

I like these blocks more and more each time you show them off.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Fabulous! Lots to look at!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Holy cow! What a stunning quilt this is going to be!

Karen said...

How many blocks do you intend on making? I enjoy seeing the blocks each time you post about them.