Sunday, August 27, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching


Welcome to the weekly slow stitching party where we celebrate the art of hand stitching.

Yesterday was "Play Music on the Porch" Day. 
Who knew?!?



This was my second year attending a local porch party event and it was lots of fun. While everyone else was enjoying the music, I was also doing some hand stitching and finished one more block for my Life is Beautiful project. It was a great day of music and stitching.




When I got home, I realized that there is a big stitch across the middle of the block that is quite noticeable. See right where the needle is? I guess I was moving from quilting the column of flowers on the right to the column on the left, and instead of the needle pulling the thread through the quilt sandwich, it went right across the top. Of course I'm blaming the needle!
Any suggestions of how I can fix it now? If I clip it, the lines of stitches will start to unravel. Please leave me a comment if you can solve the hand stitching dilemma of the day!

What are you working on this week?  Please share with us your hand stitching project and link up your blog post below.

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

13 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Good morning! The porch party sounds like a lot of fun! I'm not sure what yo do about the wayward stitch...let me ponder for a while and I will email you if I think of a solution. Your block is lovely!

SandraC said...

I hate to say it, but I would probably unpick as much as I'd have to to make it right😓

CathieJ said...

I wish I had a solution to your stitch dilemma, but other than clipping and stitching again, I can't think how to hide it. The porch party sounds like a great idea. Hubby and I did enjoy our morning coffee on ours yesterday, but our neighborhood was pretty quiet at the time.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Can you add to it to make a tiny leaf or flower or something there

Kathy S. said...

I don't think it's that noticeable. If it bothers you, pick out enough so that you can add a thread in there and knot both sides of what you have to pick out enough to make a knot. If it's not that noticeable, sing the Frozen song and Let It Go, Let It Go...

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

can you just take the thread off the needle and pick out some stitches? I can't quite tell how you did it

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

back out where your needle is if you can then you can re-thread the needle and tie it off, Now this is if I am seeing it correctly.

Otherwise if you have to cut it, then you will have to pull enough stitches and re-thread the needle and tie it off.

Sarah said...

I think I would cut it and pull each side back until you have enough thread to cast off and then fill in the gap, which seems to be the common consensus! Bad luck!

Kate said...

It's noticeable up close, but won't be if you aren't inspecting closely. I'd probably leave it. But if it really bothers you, then I'd clip, unpick till I have enough to tie off, then restitch the areas you had to pick out.

Sherrie said...

Hi Kathy,
I would cut it and restitch. Love seeing all the blocks for your Life is Beautiful quilt. Have a great day!

Turid said...

I would also cut, and take a few restitches where you'll need it.

Jill said...

Why, of course, it was the needle's fault! I like the idea of adding something decorative to the area and perhaps tack down the stitch while doing so. You may have to balance out another part of design, but I think that would be less fuss than cutting it.

Dolores said...

First of all, it's not that noticeable (I had to blow up the picture twice to see where it was) but if it really bothers you, applique a butterfly on it or embroider something in red to cover it up.