Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Temecula Quiltalong




I got a little behind in the Marvellous Mini Monday quiltalong, so had some catch-up sewing to do.
This is the adorable "half square" block with HSTs that finish at half an inch!!


This mini quiltalong is so fun for crazy quilters like me who love to make blocks with tiny pieces. This is the centre of the churn dash block that fits in the palm of my hand. 



Then we were to sew scrappy 4" patchwork blocks made of 25 tiny squares. 
I thought I was doing well until I put the newly made churn dash block on the design wall with the patchwork blocks and discovered that they were not the right size. Oh no! Perhaps the Best Press spray that I used to flatten the blocks with all those seams resulted in some shrinkage?
Well, I'm not sure what to do about that... maybe try to stretch the 25 patch blocks to fit? I'm definitely not making 5 more! 
Maybe I will be able to cut the other blocks a little smaller to make them all equal?
This is a 12 week quiltalong, and this is week #11 so the layout reveal will be coming soon. So glad that I'm caught up and will be ready to put it all together!

9 comments:

SandraC said...

I'll have to check, but I think they are meant to be 36-patches, not 25-patches!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I did the exact same thing and then realized they were supposed to be 36 patches--yeesh! I'm glad I'm not the only only one! I think it was that we needed to make 5 of them that put the number five in my head. At least it's an easy fix!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope you figure out the patch work and what to do you have come so far now - you need to finish :) glad I decided to drop out at the 4 week point instead and I love my tea mat that I made with the squares that I made.

Misty said...

Love your tiny churn dash! Can't wait to see the final layout!

Janet O. said...

Seeing your lovely churn dash convinces me that I need to remake mine. It is just a bit too wonky for my happiness. :)
Yes, we are definitely crazy to enjoy doing these tiny things, but you do what you have to do.
I made my 36 patches into 49 patches, instead of the prevailing 25 patches. LOL Easier measurement with which to work.
I am looking forward to the reveal. Can't imagine what the layout may be.

Mary said...

Certifiable Craziness! But its way cheaper than Therapy. In honor of my mimi making friends I added a mini Friendship Star to my Row by Row this year. Not doing this one, resisting, resisting.

Kathy S. said...

Sandra C caught it right away. They are supposed to be 36 patches. I did see somebody change with width of the strip and make them 25 patches, but I forget who.

Deanna W said...

Perfect timing, I had this on my list to print off this week's clue...thanks! I am caught up and that churn dash was a small one!!!

Kate said...

Very cute little blocks. Hopefully you can figure out how to get all your blocks to a constant size.